Equal by 30 is a campaign run by C3E International in partnership with public and private sector organizations to work towards equal pay, equal leadership, and equal opportunities for women in the clean energy sector by 2030. It is lead by Canada and Sweden. Empowering and increasing the representation of women in the energy sector is essential in the transformation to a clean energy economy. Growing evidence demonstrates that gender diversity increases profits and generates efficiencies. For Equal by 30 signatories, gender diversity is serious business!
Equal by 30 asks organizations, companies and governments to endorse principles, then take concrete action to accelerate the participation of women in the clean energy sector, and close the gender gap. The Equal by 30 campaign is part of the Clean Energy, Education and Empowerment Initiative (C3E), which is a joint Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM) and International Energy Agency (IEA) initiative.
Future Energy Foundation endorses the Equal by 30 principles on gender equality and commits to the below actions:
- Promote women as members of panels and participants in Future Energy Foundation speaking engagements.
- Through networking, address challenges that result from under-representation of women in the global energy industry.
- Collaborate with partners to advocate for, support and establish goals and initiatives related to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Help increase the proportion of women in the sector by 2030, at all levels.
- Encourage women from a variety of different backgrounds to apply for posts in the energy sector, no matter where they are coming from.
- Advocate an increased proportion of women students, especially in technical fields, in higher education, and for more girls to select STEM subjects.
- Help provide more opportunities for women to have fair access to education and better career choices.